Nerf Hyper Tournament
Tournament in Brief:
The Nerf Hyper Tournament is made up of two phases:
The Grand Prize includes:
Full details, including the dates of participation, are as follows:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Participation constitutes Entrant’s (as defined below) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Tournament. Winning a Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules and the Prize Documents (defined below). Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. THIS TOURNAMENT IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TIKTOK, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK.
Phase One is the Try Outs and eligible candidates will enter by completing steps (1)-(3) as delineated below in Section 4. Phase Two is the Competition and only the eight (8) winners selected in Phase One or their runner-ups will join a creator-led, 3-person team to compete for a chance to win the ultimate Hyper Prize.
1. Eligibility: Nerf Hyper Tournament consists of Phase One and Phase Two (collectively, the “Tournament”) and is open only to legal residents of United States and who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, and agents (and their immediate families and members of their households, whether or not related) of Sponsor (as defined below) and each of its respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, franchisees, and advertising, promotion, prize suppliers, and prize fulfillment agencies as applicable, are not eligible to enter or win. Tournament is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: Hasbro, Inc. located at 1027 Newport Avenue, Pawtucket, RI 02862 is the “Sponsor” of this Tournament.
Administrator: Movers and Shakers LLC, PO Box 3327, Santa Monica, CA 90408 is the “Contest Administrator” for the Tournament.
3. Entry Period: The Tournament begins on June 25, 2021 at 12:00:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) and ends on July 01, 2021 at 11:59:00 P.M. EDT (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Tournament.
4. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, eligible individuals may enter the Try Outs to by completing the following four steps: (1) creating a Try Out video that meets the requirements provided below in Section 6, (2) uploading the Try Out video with the hashtag #NerfHyperTourney onto TikTok, (3) visiting the Tournament page on TikTok (“Tournament Site”). Individuals can submit as many videos as they want during the Entry Period. Individuals must provide all applicable information requested to be eligible to win. Upon completion of steps (1) – (3), the individual is deemed an “Entrant” for purposes of the Try Outs (“Phase One”). See Section 9 below for the steps involved in Phase Two. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address, and an individual may only win once even if they submit multiple entries via TikTok under different names, accounts and/or handles. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account submitted on the electronic entry form will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential “Winner” (as defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants agree to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final.
5. Video Requirements: Sponsor shall have exclusive right to not consider video submissions with objectionable content. All Entrants acknowledge and agree that nothing contained in any video will tarnish the Nerf Brand and/or fail to align with the spirit of the Nerf Hyper Tourney. Videos must otherwise include and/or consider the following:
6. Judging Criteria: Sponsor will select the top eight (8) Submissions considering the following “Judging Criteria:”
- Speed and Accuracy: 15%;
- Energy: 25%;
- Enthusiasm and Personality: 30%; and
- Entertainment: 30%.
The eight (8) Submissions with the highest score will be selected as potential winners of Phase One. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor will select as the winner the entrant that had the higher score in the “Creativity” category.
7. Notification of Potential Winners: Considering the provisions of Section 6 and the Judging Criteria, Sponsor will select eight (8) potential winners of Phase One on or about July 9, 2021. These potential winners will be notified on TikTok and later receive a phone call or email communication from the Contest Administrator and/or Sponsor. Potential Winners will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond to notification before forfeiting their place as a potential winner and disqualified. Potential winners will be provided with affidavit of eligibility, prize release, tax documentation, and incentive reward documents after being notified (“Prize Documents”). They will have seven (7) business days to complete these Prize Documents, and the winners will be announced publicly on or about July 15, 2021 on TikTok. Prize Documents must be returned to Sponsor by the date indicated by Sponsor in order to be considered for a Prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to timely respond to the notification, fails to complete and timely return the Prize Documents, or is disqualified for any reason, they will forfeit the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified or forfeits the Prize for any reason, an alternate potential winner (“Runner-up”) will be selected based upon their score under the Judging Criteria. If time does not permit winner Runner Up to be chosen, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, then the Prize will not be awarded. Once the executed Prize Documents are received, within the required time frame, and verified by Sponsor then, upon notice from Sponsor, the Entrant will be deemed to be a prize winner (“Winner”), subject to compliance with all applicable rules set forth herein. Any misrepresentation on the Prize Documents shall void the potential winner’s eligibility and Sponsor shall disqualify such person and seek return of any Prize already awarded to such person. Potential winner must continue to comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, or postage-due correspondence.
8. Prize: Nerf Swag: Full set of Hyper Blasters, including the Hyper Mach 100 (ARV $69.99), Hyper Siege-50 Blaster (ARV $39.99), and Hyper Rush-40 Blaster (ARV $29.99), two 100-round refill canister (ARV for two is $41.98), as well as 1-2 other select Nerf Sports, Soaker or Blaster items valued at approximately $40. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $225. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of Prize upon award will not be awarded. Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or portion thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for their own costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not specifically stated above. Winner must comply with all terms, conditions, and rules for entering and participating in the Tournament and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of that portion of the Prize. All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize value are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prize items.
9. Additional Tournament Opportunities: After being selected as winners of Phase One, the eight (8) individuals will have an opportunity to join Creator-Led teams in Phase Two and face-off in unique challenges to compete for the Hyper Tourney Grand Prize package and receive teammate participation monies. The Grand Prize Pool includes $15,000 cash, four (4) tickets to Vidcon (“Prize Venue”), $2,000 cash for travel to Vidcon, three (3) Nerf Hyper Tourney belts (collectively “Prize”). Each Creator on the winning team will receive a portion of the Grand Prize Pool that includes: $5,000 cash, two (2) tickets to Vidcon (“Prize Venue”), $1,000 cash for travel to Vidcon, Nerf Hyper Tourney belt (collectively “Prize”). ARV of each Creator’s Prizing is approximately $7,000. Only one team will win the Hyper Tourney Grand Prize. Unless otherwise noted, prize package will be shipped to the Winner after the Tournament. All Teammates will be announced on July 23, 2021.
10. Release of Liability: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Contest Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Tournament or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize.
11. Publicity: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that they may be photographed, video and/or audio recorded by Sponsor or its designees when they take part in any aspect of the Tournament. Except where prohibited, participation in the Tournament constitutes Entrant’s consent to Sponsor and Contest Administrator’s use of their likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Tournament, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Tournament, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Tournament, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Tournament; (2) technical failures of any kind, including,but not limited to shipping or other malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Tournament; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Tournament or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Tournament or receipt or useor misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Tournament, provided that such confirmation occurs prior to the drawing. In the event of an early discontinuance of the Tournament, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to select winners based on the Judging Criteria. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, all Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Tournament or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Tournament, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. Winner’s List: The winner’s will be announced on TikTok and participants can view the winners via that announcement; in addition, a list of winner’s can be requested from Movers and Shakers at:email@example.com. All requests for Winners’ lists must be received by December 31, 2021.Any requests received after that date will not be honored.
©2021 Hasbro. All rights reserved.