(Last Updated: 10 March 2021)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What information is collected from me?
- How does Hasbro use my information?
- With whom does Hasbro share my information?
- What are my information choices?
- International transfers of Personal Data
- How we safeguard your Personal Data
- How long we keep your Personal Data
- Your rights
- Contact Us
We respect the privacy of our customers and we are committed to keeping all your Personal Data secure.
We collect and use certain Personal Data and we are responsible for ensuring that we use that Personal Data in compliance with data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and any other national, implementing or supplementing data protection legislation such as, in the UK, the Data Protection Act 2018.
User(s) or You
means the users of the Site and/or anyone whose Personal Data we collect and use in relation to the Services.
means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, Hasbro (or its representatives or service providers).
Back to top3. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM ME?Many of the products and/or services offered by Hasbro on the Site require us to obtain Personal Data about you in order to provide and/or perform the Services. Users may be unable to access the Site if such Personal Data are not provided. In relation to the Services, we may collect and process the following Personal Data about you: INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO HASBROWe collect Personal Data that you provide when you access and use the Services, such as when you:
Depending on the nature of your activity on the Site, the types of Personal Data that you provide and we collect may include:
- create an account on the Site or subscribe to the Services;
- make a purchase or request to purchase a product;
- rate, review, or ask a question about a product;
- back a crowdfunded product;
- participate in contests, events or promotions;
- send questions or comments to us, or contact Customer Service;
- fill out online surveys;
- sign up for our newsletter or other email alerts;
- share a website with a friend; or
- otherwise communicate with us through the Services.
- your first and/or last name;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- address (including billing address and/or delivery address);
- credit or debit card details or other payment information; and
- other information that you choose to provide and/or share on the Site which may be considered Personal Data.
Other Personal Data you may also provide through your use of the Services includes your product preferences, searches, and browsing activity. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT OR GENERATE ABOUT YOUThis includes:
In some cases, we also collect Personal Data you provide about others, such as when you refer someone to the Services (including promotions) or when you purchase and ship products to someone.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY FROM YOUWhen you access and/or use the Services, we may also automatically collect information about your visit. The types of information we and our service providers automatically collect include your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, other unique identifiers (e.g. ad tags or IDs), information about your hardware, operating system version, browser type and language, screen resolution, geographic location (country, state, and city level), the URL of the website you visited before navigating to the Services, and other analytics and statistical data regarding your access to and/or use of the Services (e.g., downloads, number of users, access times, sessions, page views, frequency of use, retention, clicks, etc.). In addition to the above, if you access the Services via a mobile device, we may also collect your device ID, device make and model, and mobile carrier. INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OTHER SOURCESWe may also obtain Personal Data from other sources and combine it with information we collect through the Services. For example, if we enable a feature on the Site that permits you to interact with a social media site or platform, or if we partner with a social media site or platform for advertising purposes, we may have access to certain Personal Data from that social media site or platform, such as your name, account information, and friends, and engagement with our content or our brands on the social media site or platform, in accordance with your settings for how the social media site or platform may share your information and the authorization procedures determined by such social media site or platform. In addition to social media sites and platforms, the other sources from which we have collected information about you include:
- any information regarding the products and/or services purchased and/or used on the Site and our interactions with you;
- a file with your contact history to be used for enquiry purposes so that we may ensure that you are satisfied with the products and/or services which we have provided to you;
- activity data relating to you publishing content on the Site;
- any information that you choose to share on the Site which may be considered Personal Data; and
- any information we save in connection with placing an order on the Site (where you have asked us to save the information).
publicly available sources, including data in the public domain; and
third-party service providers, agencies or other publicly available sources where applicable.
In addition to the categories of Personal Data described above, we will also use anonymised information (i.e. data that does not identify a specific individual).
Back to top
4. HOW DOES HASBRO USE MY INFORMATION?
When we use Personal Data, we make sure that the usage complies with law and the law allows us and requires us to use Personal Data for a variety of reasons. These include:
- to provide and deliver the products and/or services you request, process your orders, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- to provide you with access to the Site, its content and functionalities, including setting up and providing you with access to your account;
- to enable you to back a crowdfunded product;
- to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- to respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- to understand feedback on products and services and to help quickly and easily provide more information on the use of those products and services;
- to operate and improve the Services, including by linking or combining your Personal Data with other information we get from our service providers or other parties, or information related to your interactions with other Hasbro sites or online services;
- to personalize your experience with the Services, including through Site features such as product search results and product recommendations;
- for direct marketing communications to help us offer you information about our products and services;
- to understand your interests and the effectiveness of marketing communications we send to you;
- to monitor performance of the Services and overall usage of the Services and user retention rates, track how users are engaging with the Services, identify how and how frequently Site features are utilized, identify problem areas within the Site, and inform design development for future updates;
- with your consent or as otherwise permitted by the law, to send you advertising or promotional materials, including information about new products, contests, features and enhancements, special offers and other events of interest from Hasbro and our select partners;
- for internal business purposes, including tracking and measuring product sales information, management and administration of our business, and administration and maintenance of databases storing Personal Data;
- in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures; or
- to carry out any other legitimate business or commercial purpose, at your direction or with notice to you or with your consent.
- we need to do so in order to perform our contractual obligations with our customers and third-party providers;
- we have obtained your consent;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- the use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of the Site and our business;
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- direct marketing and advertising;
- monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials; and
- enabling quick and easy access to information on the products and/or services.
Back to top
5. WITH WHOM DOES HASBRO SHARE MY INFORMATION? SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Data within the Hasbro group of companies for the purposes described above.
We may also share your Personal Data outside of the Hasbro group for the following purposes:
- with your consent, including if we notify you that the Personal Data you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such Personal Data and consent to it being shared;
- with vendors, agencies, social media, social networks, ad networks, and analytics and advertising technology companies for business or commercial purposes as well as paid advertising. Vendors and other parties may act as a service provider, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process information;
- to facilitate your requests, including at your direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social media site or platform about your activities on the Services;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, bankruptcy or reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, in which case: (i) we may need to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes, and/or (ii) we will disclose the Personal Data held by us about you to the third party buyer.
We may also share with the persons identified above aggregated information or information that we have collected from or about you through the Services, including on co-branded pages where we have taken reasonable measures to anonymise such information.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services (including content, functionality or features of the Services provided by our service providers) may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as Facebook and Twitter widgets), which let you share actions you take through the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features may enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the party that provides these features. For more information about the purpose and scope of Personal Data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the parties that provide these features.
LINKING TO EXTERNAL SITES, APPLICATIONS, AND OTHER ONLINE SERVICES
Back to top
Back to top
7. WHAT ARE MY INFORMATION CHOICES?
If you have created an account with the Services, you may at any time review and/or update the contact details and address information we have for you by signing into your account.
We may send you marketing communications from time to time.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting Customer Service here.
If you opt-out of marketing communications, we will still send you service messages, such as emails about your account, an order you have placed, a crowdfunded product you have backed, or our other ongoing business relations.
Back to top
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Hasbro is a global business. Our customers and our operations are spread around the world. As a result, we collect and transfer Personal Data on a global basis. That means that we may transfer your Personal Data to locations outside of your country.
Where we transfer your Personal Data to another country outside the UK or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside UK or the EEA, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your Personal Data when it is transferred outside the EEA (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your Personal Data) by contacting us as described in section “Contact us” below.
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission and/or the UK authorities as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Data;
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission and/or the UK authorities, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
- the recipient may have adhered to binding corporate rules (only for intragroup transfers); or
- in other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside EEA.
Back to top
9. HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have established controls and policies to maintain the security of our information and information systems and to protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction.
When you contact a Hasbro employee about your use of the Services, transactions or Personal Data, you may be asked for some Personal Data. This type of safeguard is designed to ensure that only you, or someone authorised by you, has access to your Personal Data.
We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods.
Back to top
10. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA How long we will hold your Personal Data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- we retain your Personal Data for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services or otherwise administer our business;
- we will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data), resolve disputes and enforce our agreements; and
- we may also retain cached or archived copies of your Personal Data for a reasonable period of time.
Back to top
11. YOUR RIGHTS You may have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided directly to Hasbro;
- the right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Data (including removing your account information) in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details listed in section “Contact Us” below.
You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office, or by searching their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
Back to top
12. CONTACT US
Address: Hasbro Consumer Affairs Department
PO Box 43
Gwent NP19 4YH
Email Address: email@example.com
For product-related questions and requests, please contact Customer Service here
For any other issues, please contact us by email.
Back to top